Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the tractor three years ago just a few photos of the painting,I had the head off gave it a valve grind,and cleaned
the sump out apart from that it has run well some of you will have seen these photos on the old site.

The manifold being painted

The dashboard painted ready to go back on

Painted that mudgard three times the first a bunch of flys stuck on the seceond was my fault all finished tripped and my boot
scraped against it,so this is it after a lot of talking to it

Getting closer

Finished after its first run goes very well

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bertman they came out as Massey bought Ferguson out,the castings were all MFbut the name Ferguson stayed on the
Bonnet there were 73,600 made in that colour as a last go mine is 43,543 so it was in the middle of the production of that
model all the ones before were the same gray as I have on the gards and all the tin work,then when Massey took over they
all were painted red,it had been in a massey Ferguson workshop and eyerything was painted red,but when I looked at it I
scraped the oil off the engine and under the red paint was the origanel gold paint,so I kept that to myself as they are worth
$2000.00 more than the straight red or gray.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats one sweet looking tractor, the reason a lot were painted over red was they had a reputation for being bad starters so they re painted them red hoping they would sell better. That gold paint takes some getting on right you have made a good job Colin

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1 heck of a job -I love it -it would sure turn heads in this country ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigDaveinKY said:
Ya sure did it up nicely Colin. ;)
Do you have a "before" photo?

Here are a few before as you can see it was in good condition a few new parts a new rear tire and a lot of oil,and birds had
been roosting above it took as much getting off the paint as anything thanks for looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts