Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my cousin kinda went in on this one together! Thought we would tinker with it. For the price we paid, it was worth it. From what we were told at first the engine had been overhauled, but shortly after it lost oil pressure, and was knocking! To make a long story short we had it running and was driving it around today!!!!! For whatever reason someone had dumped at least a gallon of gasoline in the crankcase(which was causing the no oil pressure), and #2 and #3 plug wires were crossed. After we got the points dressed, it started right up, and carries nearly 50 oil pressure. Engine makes no noise whatsoever. Runs like a top. The tractor has new tires all around. Sheet metal is perfect!!!
Its a 55 year model, and a deluxe model, it has 2 stage clutch!

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like ya done real good. Love it when the BIG problem turns out to be something small. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks great! You going to paint it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nice looking 35 what motor does it have,can not see an exhaust pipe,did one up myself two years ago they are a nice little
tractor that one you have got will go for years now,thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kiwi071 said:
Nice looking 35 what motor does it have,can not see an exhaust pipe,did one up myself two years ago they are a nice little
tractor that one you have got will go for years now,thanks for the photos.
It has the Z134 continental, exhaust manifold is broken!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't done much to this project yet, other than teardown. I discovered what the true color is: Green and Grey! Found the green under 2 other layers of silver and grey(on the engine and drivetrain). Also the green is underneath parts that were unremoved earlier in its life! Being a 1956 does anyone know a paint code for both of these colors? Preferably Martin Senoir paints, which the local Napa uses!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts