Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I began working garden ground on this past Sunday hoping it would dry enuff to plant before today's predicted rainfall. I started with the ripper, also called a tillage tool in these parts, and made a second pass with it on Monday. I ran over it twice again with a disc on Tuesday. We got our taters, onions, cabbage, and leafy greens planted yesterday. All tractors performed as expected, which was much appreciated.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Plant
Asphalt Road surface Road Tar Soil

Our supervisor finally showed up as we finished at home late yesterday afternoon.

Dog Carnivore Fawn Terrestrial animal Dog breed

Reactions: oldman1151

·
Super Moderator
1,715 Posts
You have a good lot of gear Jim. It's always satisfying when the planting at the start of the season is done. Your supervisor was late, normally they are digging in holes themselves.

·
Registered
68 Posts
bonjour .

jim.

belle équipement .

le rippers (cultivateur ) derriere le Ford n’est t’il pas de marque massey ferguson ?

des taters c’est des pomme de terre ?

cher nous apres un mois fevrier de beau temps et sec

j’ai labourer le 28/02/2022

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

terrain bien sec pour la 1er fois

les autres années au dernier sillon l’eau me suit

j’ai planter mes 1er pomme de terre le 09/03/2022

remonter 2 jours plus tard heureusement

le 01/04/2020
voila le temps du jours
Plant Snow Twig Natural landscape Branch

Flower Plant Petal Twig Wood

3/4 cm de neige

a se jour il gèle de -1 /a-3
les frutiers commencé a etre en fleurs😞

a+
alland

·
Administrator
4,642 Posts
We got dry enough early last week to get started turning dirt but didn't last long enough to finish.
Back to mud now, and more rain than sun forecast this week.
Alland, yes that southern American english. Taters are potatoes and Maters are tomatoes.
Your Spring planting seemed going good until the cold snap. Which is normal here in the middle of Kentucky. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alland, we farm boys tend to hang on to our upbringing and heritage for our lives, and our speech habits and lifestyle rarely change. We do chose to adopt some modern conveniences. I know people who have left farms for corporate world careers, but when they get away from the office one would think they were as country as me. I am proud that I grew up in the country. It taught me lots of valuable lessons.
I used the tillage tool, or ripper to loosen the soil, as opposed to a turning plow. There was not much groud cover to turn under, and the ripper would break up the clay spots better. ;)

Dave thanks for helping Alland with the translation of Southern English. I have not yet found a good translator app for my phone. Joanne and both had French in high school many, many years ago. Just as English, words or phrases in French can have more than one meaning.

·
Registered
68 Posts
bonjour

je suit tres satifer et content.

que vous prenner la peine de me repondre.

et me rendez un fire service pour les explication sur les traductions ou dialectes.

comme diser ma grand mère ( faut pas mourir idiot on aprent tous les jours )

alors cher nous les pomme de terre on des surnom

patates / pennetieres / canada / kartophe / belle des champs

a+
alland .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts