Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been ridin big harleys since 17, 72 now, done plenty of wheelies on those. today with box scraper full, tires were spinning, i raised the box scraper to empty it & wooo hooo first wheelie. puckered some but shorts stayed clean. 1953 wd45:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I grew up running our tractor as my dad had a 40 hour a week regular job. I was plowing this field which was sandy loam on one end and heavy black clay at the other end. I was using a John Deere 520 with two bottom mounted plows and was headed to the end with black clay. I was in third and knew I would need to go to second when I hit the black clay. But I waited to long and the tractor pulled down almost to stall speed and I hit the level to raise the plows to avoid killing the tractor. I pulled too much and the front end came up before the plows came out of the ground. I am glad my Dad wasn't around. Note: I was still in high school.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here, was glad my wife wasn't around:whistle:. thanks for your reply. as we say in the motorcycle world, " ride safe, keep the shiny side up"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts