Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small field sprayer , 300 gal 27 ft. booms, that I have used since the late 70's. When I drill beans I leave the wheel run on the other wheel mark going one way to help get a guide when I spray and crops in rows is easy. But this year I sprayed some no till beans that I didn't plant and I lost my way is several places. You can't see where to go if you can't see where you been, so I'm thinking of building a foam marker to just drop foam in the center. Question is how big a pipe to run the foam and how big a foam tank to mark 15 ac. ......

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Can't help you Mike, the last time I was involved in drilling beans no-till wasn't even a concept yet. Like you, we set the wheel in the track of the last round of the freshly disced soil. Foam marking is a new term to someone thats been away from farming....what is it and how does it work?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well foam markers have been replaced with GPS systems, but I to old and not big enough to go that route. Foam is pumped out to the end of the booms and its thick and can be dyed to help on the return pass to get an overlap so you don't loose your way . I tried several things and the plumbing was easy , but my electric air pump couldn't keep up . Maybe the easiest fix is to just buy a sprayer already set up. But I always like to build things from stuff I have laying around.........mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts