Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the main Pilot bearing but it is nonexistent they do not make it any more I have called Tractor stores all over the United States With no luck No salvaged ones No old stock Nor any kind of replacement or solution I do not know what else to do I was wondering if anyone has come across this and have a direction for me to go

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
If a bearing supply store cannot match it, then I have no other options for you. Sorry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you're wanting the pilot bearing in the flywheel? Almost every three cylinder from the 60's and 70's used the same one, current FNH #81805417 (Messick's Tractor, who is a huge internet seller shows 9 in stock) if you're really wanting a throwout bearing, different story all together

if you haven't talked with Messicks, I'd give them a call, great, knowledgeable people there
messicks info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're wanting the pilot bearing in the flywheel? Almost every three cylinder from the 60's and 70's used the same one, current FNH #81805417 (Messick's Tractor, who is a huge internet seller shows 9 in stock) if you're really wanting a throwout bearing, different story all together

if you haven't talked with Messicks, I'd give them a call, great, knowledgeable people there
messicks info

messicks info
I will definitely give them a call but the bearing I’m looking for Is on the opposite end of the input shaft as the pilot bearing inside the transmission The service manual for that tractor calls it the main pilot bearing and the one on the flywheel end is pilot bearing it threw me off in the beginning of my search so my bad I should’ve Gave more detail on the location of the bearing But it’s looking like the only option for me is to get a new transmission or find a broken one that I can salvage it out of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts