Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what do you guys know about these? Post I found said A beautifully restored Ford 861 Diesel complete with Elenco 4WD conversion, . Hood in the pic says 801 not 861. Either way i want one of these!!! Question is were they mass produced or converted to this sometime later? Anyone know? Thanks

·
Administrator
4,109 Posts
Aftermarket conversion.
Like the track drives. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
The 801 is the series # 861 is the model #. I have a couple of these in the 841 model. They were called elenco and were a Dealer conversion. Tony Jacobs bought the right to the company If you really want one he's the man to see. I have his # if you want it. There were about 5000 Elenco units made.

Kirk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kirk was that the only 4x4 conversion ever produced? Other sites say it can cost between $2500 and $6000 depending on condition and how complete. That's as much as the tractor :eek:
Chris

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can see why yo'ure in love. That conversion is awesome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cturner230 said:
Kirk was that the only 4x4 conversion ever produced? Other sites say it can cost between $2500 and $6000 depending on condition and how complete. That's as much as the tractor :eek:
Chris
A couple of years ago one went for $22K on ebay. But now that the markets dropped out they are more like $10/$12K done up nice as in the photo.

Kirk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow 22k :eek: I see the tractors around for $4500 2 wheel drive. How much for the 4x4 gear? Rare stuff I guess? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes,
It's diesel, an 841 (i think) with a sherman combo
There;s going to be a little tractor thing at the Blairstown Tractor supply parking lot. He will be there with it. After I get done playing in the garden I'll probably wash some of the dirt off the row crop and drag it up there. Another friend from hackettstown with be there with one of his fords or maybe the cub he just done up. Don't know how many tractors will at that show because that groups from the sussex tractor club. I believe it's on the 21st. if you want to speak to him before hand let me know and I'll give you his number.

Kirk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I seen more at one time last year at a show in Yadkinville, NC than I've ever seen in person.

These two tractors are part of one man's collection. All he collects, buys, sells and fixes up are 4WD Fords, and they are impressive!!!

This 4wd 8n Ford belongs to a "friend of a friend" in North Carolina, built entirely from scratch using components from an early model Ford Bronco. It's very well done
and even has power steering

Now if you'd just take the Funk V8 conversion and stuff it in one with the Elenco 4WD conversion that would be the deal!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes these are sweet looking. wonder how they handle. This has me thinking if I can convert my 3400 to 4x4??? With the hoe the sub frame may cause some issues but looking at these guys it might be possible. Don't know if the side mount transfer case would be workable. Hmmmmmmm. Kirk I would love to see the 841 your friend has. Maybe at the show. Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't say how the Elenco handles, but I've watched 'em load, unload and drive the little 8N alot, its effortless.

·
Registered
530 Posts
DC Snider said:
Can't say how the Elenco handles, but I've watched 'em load, unload and drive the little 8N alot, its effortless.
Most of the elenco's have power steering so they turn easier than the N tractor BUT the turning radius isn't as tight as the N's.

Kirk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts