Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased an old F860 about 4 years ago. It ran . One morning I went to use the tractor and the was no gas. I filled the tank used it a while then shut off. Next day the tank was almost empty. I also saw gas running into the carb. I tried to use shut off valve but hard to get to and it didn't work. I bought a new valve then started reading how to install it. Basically I learned I had to remove the hood . They tractor had sat outside in western WA for years. Every bolt, nut, screw is frozen and my penetrating oil isn't working. I then read somewhere a guy just removes a few bolts in the front and lifts the entire sheet metal off. I can't figure that out!!!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

·
Administrator
4,414 Posts
The best way is to remove the hood as an assembly. Remove the two bolts below the radiator and the bolts at the dash.
Then disconnect the lights wire, and have someone help you lift it off. If they are so rusted, you may have to cut or twist a few off then replace them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have removed the dash bolts and will replace them with news one plus antifreeze grease.

Exactly where are the bolts below the radiator? How do I cut those? They seem to be blocked from the rear. I have no lights so that won't be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts