Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran fine for many years but now tries to start when gas is sprayed into carb inlet but quits.....carb has been checked...has good fuel flow and jets are clean ....tried many recommended settings for jets....still no run unless gas is sprayed into carb inlet....wondering if float level but that setting is fine and carb full of gas .....screens are clean ....am I missing something here...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ran fine for many years but now tries to start when gas is sprayed into carb inlet but quits as soon as stop spraying.....carb has been checked...has good fuel flow and jets are clean ....tried many recommended settings for jets....still no run unless gas is sprayed into carb inlet....wondering if float level but that setting is fine and carb full of gas .....screens are clean ....am I missing something here...?
this a Ford 9N 1952

·
Super Moderator
8,677 Posts
If it is a 1952 model it would be an 8N. If you remove the bowl drain plug you should have a steady stream of fuel that will quickly fill a pint jar. If you have that , a good spark, and proper timing , it should fire and run unless it has engine problems. If it is not getting fuel, the carb still could be the culprit. I also found this on the net which may offer some items to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts