Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for install install instructions for the temperature gauge for a Ford NAA. Looks like mine is broken and I want to make sure that I put the replacement in correctly.

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
It should be pretty straightforward. Take off the old one and put on the new. Part # C3NN18287A
Get the right part and you won't have deal with the capillary tube being too short or long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!! This is my first tractor not counting the one my grandparents owned and I need to get everything operational so I can use it with confidence.

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
You'll likely need to remove the top tin to access things easier.
As long as you're handy spinning a wrench, these old Fords are fairly easy to work on.
Operators and repair manuals are still available on line in reprints. Just do a search.
I highly recommend both. Operators gives one adjustments that are not in the repair manuals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I changed out mine on a 1957 Massey, I broke it off in the housing . Had to take the housing off , easy enough , then also changed the thermostat....unfortnunately putting the thermostat back it slipped and when I cranked the housing to secure it cracked it! Just make sure you don't force anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts