Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off and on my Childhood. I helped my good friend on his farm a many summers. Making hay to feed his 100 head of Black Angus. He ran all Fords and here is the pics of them. Thought I would share them.

Ford 5000: He has 2 of these. One with a loader, one without. I ran them both a lot mowing or raking. I ran the loader once to load up bales.

Ford 8000: This is one of his newest tractor. He bought this about 4 years ago to replace his Farmall 806. I hadn't got a chance to run this beast yet. If I had a chance I sure would. If you notice this one has the optional "backward" front axle. Where they turned it around to give it a sharper turning radius.

Ford 9600: This one he bought about 2 years ago. He is in the process of restoring it. I been meaning to get back over there for some update pics.

This one is not from his farm. But I thought I would share this one. This Ford 9700 is one interesting beast. Since its an open station.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gordon1121 said:
Thats a good looking lineup. Sure would like to see that 9600 when he gets it done. I got to admit though that 5000 is my favorite.
I agree, I loved how the 5000 handled in the field. That is why I would love to have the 5000/5600 or 7000/7600 for my hobby farm. The NH 276 baler we have gives the 3000 a good workout in thick hay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.