Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum Bug and Error Thread

Hey all...

Everyone can post any site issues/errors here now. Be as specific as possible. Also new features will go to the mods first, and then we can go from there with them.

THANKS....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Kevin, when posting pictures I found that when preview is pressed it pops up that I am not logged in and it immediately presents the login screen even though I have just logged in. I'm using a Chromebook... fwiw. I always hit control A and copy first just in case....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

that's a new one...

Couple of questions: Are you posting images in the album area or in a thread? Could be a setting, let me know and I will see if I can duplicate.
Kevin, when posting pictures I found that when preview is pressed it pops up that I am not logged in and it immediately presents the login screen even though I have just logged in. I'm using a Chromebook... fwiw. I always hit control A and copy first just in case....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Hello

that's a new one...

Couple of questions: Are you posting images in the album area or in a thread? Could be a setting, let me know and I will see if I can duplicate.
Typically in a thread directly out of Photobucket. I've not done an album yet. When preview is clicked on, it immediately pops up the login screen. After filling in the info and punching login, there my preview is fully intact and ready to continue editing or to submit. Just in case though, I always hit ctrl A in case its deleted in the process.

I haven't posted a picture for a week or so though....

I almost forgot to add a thank you....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
You cant create a new "forum". You can post to current forums by clicking "Post New Thread" Which is near the top of each forum, a little below the tractor. (Click the particular forum you wish to post in.) You can also reply to a post by either clicking "Reply" or "Reply With Quote" at the bottom of a particular post. If you have any other questions, fell free to ask, and we'll answer them the best we can. Welcome to ATF!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
I've gotten no notifications of follow-up postings for several days. My settings look right. Kev please check when you have a chance. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
OK Kevin , Seems there is some sort of Problem with the forum,That Virus protection won't allow log in.
I was Chatting to Mike {Stephencity} on face book. He said his virus protection will not allow him on to the forum . Mke has not been able to access theforum since November ..
I looked at Mikes friends list and randomly clicked on DerickS . Found he has not been online this year either.
Not sure if he has the same problem.
But if people can't access the forum, seems a good reason why the forum is quiet .

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Thanks for getting me back on. It was actually my Malware that was blocking. It stops unwanted downloads. I overrode it one time just to see and about 6 pop ups came in before I got to the site. Virus protection doesn't stop these but they can really cause your computer to slow over a year or two. Again Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
In recent posts I have added links below my messages. Also I have attempted to have multiple paragraphs in my messages. All looks fine when I type the message and lay out the post, but when it is posted to the forum everything is run together. Attempts at changing by editing results in no changes whem re-posting. What's up with this?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
In recent posts I have added links below my messages. Also I have attempted to have multiple paragraphs in my messages. All looks fine when I type the message and lay out the post, but when it is posted to the forum everything is run together. Attempts at changing by editing results in no changes whem re-posting. What's up with this?

Im trying something right now:

Above is 2 paragraphs on my end, I simply hit enter twice then started the new paragraph. I thought maybe, since technically your suppose to anyways according to my wife, double space after punctuation, but it appears that isnt the case here. I double spaced the first paragraph, but not the second, and it but it all back the way it was.

I even tried to enlarge thwe screen size, Ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel, but that doesnt change anything but the size. I dont know Jim, what are you seeing on my post now?

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Your post looks fine John. I edited the posts in question that I made and they did not change. I could look at them on my phone and see how they appear there. Maybe it's my puter. I thought I was laying them out the same as always. Maybe the mind and fingers are not in sync???!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
John I just went back to my "Hurrying to Harvest" thread on the critters and crops page. I edited it just like yesterday as folows that is copied and pasted from the editing page. "These pics reflect common sights throughout the area after our recent wet spell.

The Clapps, shown in the pics contained within the link, have a large tobacco operation east of Greensboro. Days of stiff, cool NE winds also blew off many tobacco leaves adding to the losses produced by drowning rains. I have been in the same situation in the past, and the working conditions are horrible. We had times when we put 2 tractors in the field, one pulling the other, just to get through the mud.

http://www.greensboro.com/gallery/tobacco-crops-hit-by-rainy-weather/collection_402f1082-6ba1-11e5-aeba-e7fc368934d7.html

"When displayed it is still all bunched up. We'll see how this one turns out.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Still all mashed together.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Still all mashed together.

Let me play with that one and see what I can do. I think I may have the answer.

OK, Ive edited both your post above and the original post in Crops. On my end, I have paragraphs now, without affecting the original content now. I simply hit enter twice to start a new paragraph.

If youre hitting enter twice, and its not letting you make a new paragraph, it could be something in your settings, may need to turn on the editor feature of the browser your using.

Ill chck in later, boss whats me to come to a meeting!!

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Been hitting enter twice like you say John. Wierd.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
What browser you using Jim? I just asked one of my bosses about it and he said an older version of IE will do that now.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
That could be it, although it just started without warning. It is either IE8 or 9. Running XP and this old Dell has been a good one.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
This

is

a

test.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.