Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pressure washing the leftovers of 50 years of farm field work away, a little red was discovered on the Super A I acquired last week.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Well Jimmy I still say I think you got a good tractor and with the distillate setup a rare one to boot. Looking foreward to it drying up a little so you can tell us how it does.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Aint that fun to do?! I love finding factory paint!! Only porblem ive ever run into though, is sometimes after cleaning off years of hard caked on dirt and grease, a leak starts that wasnt there before!

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John M said:
Aint that fun to do?! I love finding factory paint!! Only porblem ive ever run into though, is sometimes after cleaning off years of hard caked on dirt and grease, a leak starts that wasnt there before!
Yes, but that's the best way to find where a leak is actually coming from. I know it is leaking at the belt pulley, and somewhere underneath the transmission. It may be the front seal. I have also discovered that the pto doesn't work. The lever isn't putting it into gear. I have several old cans of various colors of spray paint, and I may put some on the wheels and rims for some temporary rust control. They seem to be in good shape, and anything would offer some protection. With another gulley washer last night, it won't be seeing fieldwork anytime soon. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts