Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
So far we only have a frost warning. I have nothing in the gardens that it will hurt, and I can cover my mater plants outside that I am growing. Temps are supposed to be in the upper 30s here.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try spraying 'em with water as the temp passes freezing, encase them in ice so that the lowest temp they feel is 32 degrees F, might minimize losses. (Florida orange growers use this trick, should work for other tree fruits as well

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bettyp said:
Well as soon as we planted tatoers and made some garden it turn cold & suppose to get frost tonight . We have strawberries in bloom & some little one starting . We have cover them uo & bucket on tomatoes & cabbage. Hope it goes away guick.
We are under another freeze warning again tonight and tomorroe night. Not really unusual for here normally but with the warm weather before the fruit here is really starting to suffer!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
We've got the freeze warnings for 2 nights. Hope all goes well for you guys.

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
Upper 30 are forecast for us for the next 2 mornings, and some cooler mornings next week. It's payback time I guess. :roll:

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Finally getting normal temperatures here for a week at least. Upper 50s and lower 60s forecast for the week with lows around 40.
Would sure rather see it get back to normal and start warming for the Summer, than keep warming from where we have been. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Finally getting normal temperatures here for a week at least. Upper 50s and lower 60s forecast for the week with lows around 40.
Would sure rather see it get back to normal and start warming for the Summer, than keep warming from where we have been. ;)
Dave, a week or so ago one of the local weather guessers said that if comparable warm temps were to occurr this summer, we would be way over 100 degrees. :eek: Don't need that so I too am glad to see a retun to more normal temps.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Had frost here last night. 30 when I got up. Should be the same again tonight. Hope you guys with fruit trees did ok.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts