Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom's rule for planting tomatoes was not to plant before Mother's Day so you didn't have to worry about freezing or frost. Well they have frost in the forecast for tonight. :eek: Good thing my plants are potted, so all I'll have to do is bring them in tonight. Things don't always work like they use to ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
My husband is in the garden now cover everything that he possible can. It is saying 32 degrees for us tonight.

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
I think we will have frost on rooftops, but I cannot cover all my stuff. Upper 30s are predicted here.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Peas and onions up, potatoes up which I don't worry about much but Brandon said he had 175 tomatoes out which are looking good but no real to cover. I just hope it dosen't do to bad. The gardens up on a ridge so maybe it will be ok and if it aint we will just go again. Corn about two to thre inches high beans up some squash and zucs. We can't control the weather and most years we would be ok by now but when you try to be early sometimes you get got. I do hope they miss this one.

·
Administrator
4,284 Posts
Got into the upper 30's here, just some spotty light frost across the yard. Nothing that would hurt the garden plants. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
I have seen no frost here around the house, but it feels like 30 instead of 40. :shock: :?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had scattered frost this morning. Several spots in the yard were white

1 - 7 of 7 Posts