Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the fruit trees pruned. Apple trees could have use a little more, but I didn't want to take too much out. Had gone through with the poll pruner earlier this year,but didn't git to the lower pruning until yesterday & today. Apples,peaches apricot, cherry, pears, blackberries,and grapes. Also clean the asparagus ridge. :D Had started yesterday, but it was 34 degrees, 10 MPH wind with snow and sleet blow into your face. Only lasted about an hour yesterday

·
Super Moderator
1,613 Posts
Fruit trees certainly respond to pruning, more fruit and better quality. We grew asparagus for some years so I know what you mean about 'clean the ridge'.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stephenscity said:
Gotta get to my asparagus soon as the snows gone. Already did the trees in Feb. Feel spring in the air!!!!!!!!
That ain't no lie. one of the pear trees already starting to bud

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Stephenscity said:
gordon1121 said:
Pruned them good last year, they may have to rough it this year. :D
Too busy with the Baccie?? :lol: :lol:
A reasonable assumption Mike. I have seen thousands of bumper stickers or "license plate" bumper placards on pickup trucks here over the years that simply say "Tobacco Pays My Bills". If one is in tobacco country and knows its importance, that pretty much sez it all. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts