Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He always wants to be with us, or one of us. He goes with us wherever we go on the farm unless he needs to stay in the house. He travels with us as often as he can. Sometimes he worries if I am gone for several hours even if he is with Miss Joanne. If one or both of us is outside working he is near and watches over us. If we move a few steps, he does too.

This morning while picking squash he would walk back and forth, from one side of the garden to the other. He awaits one of us to throw him something. He will play with a squash or cuke and chew one into tiny pieces.

When picking the cukes, which is a bit slower, he will lay down, wait for me to get a few feet away, and move closer to another spot. Jack recently turned 5 years old, came from a very abusive home as a 6 month old. He was drugged and malnourishedhed. All he needed was someone to be a companion to him.

·
Administrator
4,317 Posts
Jack had just recently come to live with you when I visited. He was a big sweetie then.

This description could be about our dog J.B. just as much as it is Jack.

"He always wants to be with us, or one of us. He goes with us wherever we go on the farm unless he needs to stay in the house. He travels with us as often as he can. Sometimes he worries if I am gone for several hours even if he is with Miss Joanne. If one or both of us is outside working he is near and watches over us. If we move a few steps, he does too."

Reactions: Jim in NC
1 - 4 of 4 Posts