Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
You don't.

Now let me explain how these u joints were made. The center section which looks like a cube has four posts which extends into the yoke. Bearing cups are then pressed in each side of yoke and over one of the posts and are held in by displacing a small amount to metal around each cup. They are by design one time use.

However there are ways to rebuild each joint similar to the way they are made originally. You would need bearing cups of the right size and possibly new pins that goes in the center block.
This was discussed on Weekend Freedom Machines forum but I cant find it right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This machine is a 1976 Jacobson. Fantastic beast of a machine. But might be time to retire it. Thinking maybe I could buy both complete shafts somewhere. Good luck with that I reckon' Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could check for "new" old stock at Jacobson or other parts supplier. You'll need model and serial number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm attaching a better picture of the complete drive shaft I need. I've contacted several sites that come up when I search for PTO parts. Things don't look promising. I'm attaching a better picture of the shaft. Maybe something will come of it. Thanks folks.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts