Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lettuce and spinach are about done, cut the last of the cabbage this morning as sometihng is nibbling on it. Picking beets and started picking peas. Tomatoes are getting big but still green. Sweet potatoes and cucumbers are vining out , cucumbers are blooming. Zuchinnis have a lot on them,just waiting for them to get big enough. Sweet corn and green beans looking good. Just wish it would rain. I'm tired of watering. Hope everyone is having a good time at Caseman's show. Too many things going this weekend, Work, family reunion and about 1/2 dozen other things.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wow, you are way ahead of us....what time of year do you start planting? How is your weather compared to ours in MI? Up until two weeks ago we had some hard frosts in the morning still

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DerickS said:
Wow, you are way ahead of us....what time of year do you start planting? How is your weather compared to ours in MI? Up until two weeks ago we had some hard frosts in the morning still
Derick
I live in the St. Louis area. Early garden, peas, spinach,lettuce, beets (potatoes if I plant some) went into the ground around St. Patrick's day. Usualy we're frost and freeze free by the beginning of May. That's when tomatoes, sweet corn, green beans, sweet potatoes zuchinni and cucumbers go in. We've had some near 100 degree day here already this year, been having temperatures in the 80-90 range, warmed up very early. Peaches and blackberries are running about 3-4 weeks ahead of time. Biggest thing is, we're very dry, need rain

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thats great!!!
Im about the middle of you and Derick and we just are getting buds on the maters and taters.
zuchinni is starting to grow, got some little ones on the plants ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
We just put plants in two weeks ago and have no shortage of wet weather so far, blueberry buds are all we have right now

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just picked 2 zuchinni. Know what I'm having for supper tonite :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
4imnotright said:
Just picked 2 zuchinni. Know what I'm having for supper tonite :D
I showed Mrs.Bert and she isnt to happy :lol:
I got some nice sized onions coming on and I did sneak a taste BUT we are as dry as you so I know Ill be watering alot. Rain is not in sight for about 2 weeks :shock:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're predicting rain for Monday & Tuesday here, Yeah Right.

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
We haven't been terribly hot, but dry weather has taken out most of the early garden greens except ruby red lettuce. We have been getting squash and cukes for about 2 weeks, beets, still have onions, lots of taters, and will have green beans this week. Corn, tomatoes, okra, and melons look to be running late. Most everything is just standing in the garden with their tongues hanging out hoping for some water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts