Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hydro was out 5 hours got out diesel generator -2 degess generator started fine but was only putting up around 100 volts so i was aftaid of burning out boiler burner so we had to sit it out

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I think your oil burner motor would be 120 v, and more than likely 100 v would not have done any damage to speak of. I can't remember the minimum and maximum voltages for most 120v motors, but 208/230 volt minimum and maximum ratings are typically 197v to 253v. Thats a pretty fair swing in voltage at the 230v level, so I'm thinking a moderate drop to 100v on a 120v circuit for a short time would've been ok. Weeks on end may take it's toll though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
missouri massey man said:
I think your oil burner motor would be 120 v, and more than likely 100 v would not have done any damage to speak of. I can't remember the minimum and maximum voltages for most 120v motors, but 208/230 volt minimum and maximum ratings are typically 197v to 253v. Thats a pretty fair swing in voltage at the 230v level, so I'm thinking a moderate drop to 100v on a 120v circuit for a short time would've been ok. Weeks on end may take it's toll though.
thats good to know thanks got generater fixed bolt feel out of throttle govener was minus 2 and dark hard to fix in those conditions

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did try and run it it would make blower run but it would ignite tryed 3 times and it always fires first try so i wasnt taking a chanse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts