Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 years ago we were contacted and agreed to be a host house during the summer for college students canvasing the area selling children's books. After 1 summer we said no more,but the company keeps calling us each year wanting us to host again. Doesn't do any good to tell them not to call anymore. And the do not call doesn't apply in this situation. They called today, told them we would do it for a $1,000 per student per month paid in advance nonrefundable,plus a $10,000 refundable security in case anything gets broken. We had 4 students for 3 month that time. Maybe they will get the idea this time

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Don't know exactly but here are a couple of thoughts. Write a letter notifying them in writing of your position and begin creating a paper trail. Tell them you are informing your state's attorney general's office. Talk to the phone company. Maybe they can block your phone from getting calls from the organization's number.

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
Some people will not take no for an answer. Apart from being rude to them you can only keep on saying no. We have a heating company ringing virtually every week for months, the last time they rang I said" what part of the word no don't you understand". It hasn't stopped them.

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
I agree with what Ron said. Send them a letter explaining that you've asked their operators to remove you from the calling list, but to no avail.
State that any more calls will prompt a letter to the State Attorney Generals office asking to generate a harassment suit against their company.
If you get any calls after that send them a copy of the letter you send to the attorney generals office with a copy of your first letter to them.
Keep a list of the times they called, after you first asked them to stop calling, for fodder to send to the Attorney Generals office if it comes to that.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
missouri massey man said:
I don't know what to tell you Steve, but it sure is good knowing you're still alive....How's Diane doing these days ???
Wendell, Both of us are busy, busy, busy. Diane especialy, it's tax time, 11th hour, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
4imnotright said:
missouri massey man said:
I don't know what to tell you Steve, but it sure is good knowing you're still alive....How's Diane doing these days ???
Wendell, Both of us are busy, busy, busy. Diane especialy, it's tax time, 11th hour, if you know what I mean.
Excellent news Steve !! I am looking forward to some Southern Illinois farm auctions this spring and summer...if you see some interesting stuff the Voss brothers or Burmeister has listed, be sure to PM me. I'd appreciate it. Tell Diane that Mary yelled a loud 'Hello' across the room... :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts