Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brandon has seen the post of everybody getting ready to plant their gardens and figured it was time to get started so we went down and cut it up for the first time so hopefully we can get some potatoes in the ground around the end of the week. So not wanting to be accused of being a tractor hog I tried to just to take a few pictures and almost succeeded.

Running to the axle.

I did say almost.

After double cutting twice Brandon drug it down good to push the clods left down and if we get lucky enough for a little moisture between now and the end of the week we'll cut it again and hopefully it will be like a ash bed.

If all goes well we will try to get the potatoes out in the dark nights and the signs say best on the 18th 19th or the 20th .

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Had a great time yesterday getting that done... hopefully we can post up some more pictures Wednesday night of some nice ash-bed ground after we cut/drag it again.

·
Administrator
4,280 Posts
Nice big garden. I plan to get my root crops out this Thursday as well.
My spot is only 20'x60'. I'll disc it down tomorrow then run the tiller over it
a couple of times Thursday before I plant my onions, radishes, carrots, and taters.

·
Super Moderator
8,438 Posts
Gordon, the ground looks great. I'll offer a suggestion. Chain a timber or pipe, I use a heavy piece of channel iron, to your disc and cut 'n drag at the same time. Been doin' it for years and saves time and fuel. Brandon might not like it though. I can tell by the look on his face :!: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim I've seen the setup but never tried it. Didn't know how it would work but I can tell you this at 4.05 a gallon I'm all about saving fuel. Your also right about the fact that Brandon likes working them guess its in his genes.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave were going to try to get ours out tomarrow to. Going to try something new this year before we cover them up were going to spray them with MACHO. I work with a guy said he used it last year and never saw a bug just sprayed them and covered them up. The Macho is a generic for Nupin 2.0. Don't know if it will work or not but I beleave the patatoe bugs around here can grow on the stuff.

·
Super Moderator
8,438 Posts
gordon1121 said:
Thanks Jim I've seen the setup but never tried it. Didn't know how it would work but I can tell you this at 4.05 a gallon I'm all about saving fuel. Your also right about the fact that Brandon likes working them guess its in his genes.
I'll try to get a pic of one of my discs and get it on here, but it may be next week. I pick up my drag thingy and lay it on the disc for travelling so it doesn't need to be heavier than you or Brandon can manage.

·
Super Moderator
8,438 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Jim I'll try that looks like it does a fine job. Them harrows are doing a good job to. Some good looking ground to boot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts