Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had a picture of a Goble Farm Disc? It's a V shaped disc.
Thanks so much!
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James,
We also had one and pulled it with a TD-9. I was thinking of making a model and wanted a picture of the adjustment mechanism as I can't remember exactly what it looked like.
What part of the country are you from? I am from Eastern Wasghington.
Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
449 Posts
Western Oregon, 15 miles west and 10 miles south of Salem Oregon. We are as far west as you can get to the east side of the coast range. Later we got an Allis Chalmers covercrop disk, it was a little heavier....James

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James,
Do remember what the adjustment mechanism on the disk looked like? As I remember, ours had a 2" pipe with holes in the top that ran from the rear disk to the front disk. The front disk had a arm with about a 2" protrusion that would go into the holes in the 2" pipe when the tractor operator pulled the rope attached to the arm. The arm moved down and had a spring attached to it so when the tractor backed up it pulled the protusion out of the hole so you could either move forward or backward and pull the rope when the disk was in the position you wanted.
Hope this description makes sense.
Thanks.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts