Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Well here goes . As JoeD knows the boys and i have and still haul them on daily base .
All over the county , State . Opps as said Sometimes one chain , two chain , or dozen chains , Mode , distance weight , truck & trailer brakes doing the stopping . Goes on forever .

BUT on all our big tractors with long rear axle the both rear axles gets a X chain on each axle X meaning portion of chain going up over rear of axle is hooked three feet front of axle ,,, portion of chain going up over front of axle hooked three feet behind axle . one rachet binder pulled tight will pull rap the axle .technically this TRACTOR CAN't go NO where With Nothing EVEN on front .

But from a real nice scale house patrol one evening in Indiana , Sir give you a green Flash Red to pull over in the Check out Line up . One chain on front over behind the front weight bracket , along with the X's

Sir what i would like to see here is , not that you not good , what's the chance and i know you have , How bout you hook me A chain any length , One hook each side in under on the horns of them frame rails take a binder on each side on this rub rail on the trailer , just let the unused center of the chain lay there on your trailer , ;) ;)

So there you go it's up to the man doing the math , Most patrols can and will work with Your Math out come ;) ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.