Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we got home from church this morning, Diane helped me put the plow on the Massey so we could get the garden plowed before it started raining today. Cut it pretty close,finished plowing and it started to rain while we were taking the plow off. I try not to do things like this on Sundays, but there's rain forecasted every couple days and the ground was ready.Those 3-14's make the 333 grunt pretty good but it does the job. Sorry if we weren't watching the sky we would have taken some photo's to post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bettyp said:
One of these days will get our garden plowed .Got plenty of time . It has just been to wet up here.
We got lucky the other week, all those storms went south of us. We got less than a inch of rain.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Glad to hear you "Got er done". Always a good feeling when you can beat the storm.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Farming requires that we work with Mother Nature so we have to do jobs when Her time is right. That often means working on Sundays. Dairy cows don't take the day off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim in NC said:
Farming requires that we work with Mother Nature so we have to do jobs when Her time is right. That often means working on Sundays. Dairy cows don't take the day off.
Dad use to have Dairy cows, so I know what you mean. There's a old saying in this area, You make hay while the sun shine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
4imnotright said:
Jim in NC said:
Farming requires that we work with Mother Nature so we have to do jobs when Her time is right. That often means working on Sundays. Dairy cows don't take the day off.
Dad use to have Dairy cows, so I know what you mean. There's a old saying in this area, You make hay while the sun shine
You mke hay while the sun shine is a saying in these area also. No making hay today ,it is raining here.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
bettyp said:
4imnotright said:
Jim in NC said:
Farming requires that we work with Mother Nature so we have to do jobs when Her time is right. That often means working on Sundays. Dairy cows don't take the day off.
Dad use to have Dairy cows, so I know what you mean. There's a old saying in this area, You make hay while the sun shine
You mke hay while the sun shine is a saying in these area also. No making hay today ,it is raining here.
We are cloudin' up here, but only a shower for us tonight. Gonna be outside workin' most of the day :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Ran the disc over a few garden patches today and may plant a bit more stuff later in the week. Supposed to get to near 80 :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Jim in NC said:
Ran the disc over a few garden patches today and may plant a bit more stuff later in the week. Supposed to get to near 80 :!:
Been way above normal here too. 73 today Planted spinich and onions today. Thinking about going ahead a planting peas. Little early for here but the way its been going not sure.
I'd think it would be ok to plant peas there now Mike. I'd do it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top