Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got started mowing yesterday after promising myself I wouldn't get started this late again this year but with all the stuff going on now just don't seem to be enough time in the day. Honey and bumble bees were enjoying the golden rod there back legs looked twice there normal size and bright yellow.

Ain't nothing smells like Golden Rod under a bushhog.

:D

Glad to have one hill done anyway.

Brandon { the official picture taker} drove the old Case out to inspect.

Reminds me a lot of grandpa many years ago.

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Looks good Gordon, just remember to hang on tight :!: ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a bush hogging job that I do twice a year for a former neighbor. Reminds me that I need to be getting on that. Unless, of course, you'd like to make down on this side of the state and help me out? ;) You do great work!

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
I have about 15 acres I bushhog every year for a cousin. I wait and do it during the winter after a few frosts. No danger of stirring up bees and I can see the ground a lot better too. I have found surprises scattered through the fields over the years. I don't like the idea of one of these surprises finding a rear tractor tire :!: ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Nice rolling hillsides Gordon. Looks like a job well done. Say, was that a varmit gun hanging out of Brandon's pocket, or are my eyes full of deceit ?? It'd be real nice to have one of those smoooothe running JohnDeeres to work with...no smoke, no noise, no tinkering with the carb ... :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the nice comments. I like to start on the easy ones to kind of get my nerve up just not as young as I once was. I got a couple that should probably be left alone but after years of keeping them clean just hate to see them grow up. Got two I'll have to do with a mowing machine because the bush hog will run about two or three feet down the hill and to hard to get turned cause the front end won't stay down and will slide off if you turn down. I'll try and get some pics when I get to them.
Jamie I would be glad to help but then you wouldn't get the fun of mowing.

missouri massey man said:
Nice rolling hillsides Gordon. Looks like a job well done. Say, was that a varmit gun hanging out of Brandon's pocket, or are my eyes full of deceit ?? It'd be real nice to have one of those smoooothe running JohnDeeres to work with...no smoke, no noise, no tinkering with the carb ... :D :D :D :D
Wendall you don't miss much with those eyes and yes it was a little rugar mark3 hunter 22/45 with a five inch barrel. Being close to the river you get a lot of varmits sometimes. Lots of Coke cans and such lying in wait. I know it aint season but some some awful mean rabbits around also not to mention squirells always laughing and making fun so sometimes you just got to be prepared. I'll let you know how it all came out after supper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts