Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have 13 years on the job this Aug 31st and some things still get the heart pumping! I was settling in for a nice lunch at my Mom and Dads house when a road rage gun run went out just a mile or so away. Nothing like lights, sirens, and a traffic stop on a gunman to make you feel alive again. Cant say much but I took him to Jail and the gun was recovered :D

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Way to go Derick :D :!: No matter what you try to do, you have a 24 hour per day job. Those of us that depend on folks like you to maintain safety cannot thank you enuff!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bettyp said:
Goodness Derick hope it didn't spoil your good lunch at Mom's & Dad;s .
Be careful on those runs.
I was stuck doing paperwork for the next two hours so i ate some trail mix! :lol:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bettyp said:
Bet Mom & Dad were disapointed that you never got to eat with them . maybe next time all will go well.
I got back there before end of shift but lunch was over, I spend as much time with my Dad as possible and tomorrow is Mom's 67th Birthday so we are going to dinner

·
849 Posts
Good job Derick. I know that feeling, get it every time we catch a fire. All we've had today was a minor injury accident but I have 10+ hours to go. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Derick, good folks like you that are in law enforcement sure don't get the recognition they deserve. Your community is blessed to have you protecting it. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
DerickS said:
bettyp said:
Goodness Derick hope it didn't spoil your good lunch at Mom's & Dad;s .
Be careful on those runs.
I was stuck doing paperwork for the next two hours so i ate some trail mix! :lol:
No jobs complete till the paperwork is done....unforunatly. Glad to hear things are under control.

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Glad you're OK Derrick, and thanks to you, and those of you that risk your lives for our safety everyday.
A little excitement now and then is good for the soul. :D
Lunch time just isn't good. :x At least mine were just a "stuck in elevator" call just after I ordered lunch. :roll:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
DerickS said:
I'll have 13 years on the job this Aug 31st and some things still get the heart pumping! I was settling in for a nice lunch at my Mom and Dads house when a road rage gun run went out just a mile or so away. Nothing like lights, sirens, and a traffic stop on a gunman to make you feel alive again. Cant say much but I took him to Jail and the gun was recovered :D
Remember those days buddy, Can't say I miss them. Stay safe and keep you're head DOWN!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the kind words, its still a pretty fun job as long as you never get complacent...or fall asleep :lol: Today much less exciting and i got my lunch in ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts