Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wanting to go un-noticed, William had an accident today. While playing he fell head-first onto the driveway and cut his head on the gravel. His wound before dressing looked much worse. He was wrapped up "papoose" (not sure of spelling) style to keep his hands and arms still, but it was still a job to get two stitches into his head. A Scooby-Doo bandaid made things much better.

G

·
0 Posts
What memories there. When 2 years old I got 10 stitches above one eyebrow and within a few months got 12 above the other :shock:

When Colin was 6 he got 6 stiches in his foot. Had him strapped down to a board and I still had to lay on top of him till they were done. No fun for little ones.

Looks like he's doing just fine in the pics. Glad it wasn't any more serious.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mom and dad took him to an urgent care facility. I suggested that Mrs. Jim fix it considering all the years of sewing experience that she has had. She doesn't use crooked needles though. Initially there was lots of blood. Head injuries are that way. He is taking after his "Gandaddy". I had a head injury that required urgent medical attention, and the scar to prove it when I was very young.

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Sorry it happened, but it's all part of growin' up.
I can't blame the youngin for being scared because of where it was.
It would even scare me seeing someone coming at my face with a needle. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't seem to be bothering him much. I saw it yesterday and it looks good. He was up late last night though and like all of us, he is very tired. More about that later.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's wide open Mike. The stitches came out last Friday. Thanks for asking. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts