Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Granny, Dad's mother, loved flowers and always kept a big flower bed in front of the house and scattered beds throughout the yard. As long as I can remember, heirloom roses have climbed on and through the well house and windless. For countless seasons, Granny's love of flowers and her memories continue the tradition and make us more thankful to be here and enjoy her work and loving touch.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That is the reason I bought my little farm. Only 4 acres but it is a place I can keep some of the old ways going. I have always loved old homesteads. There was a reason things were done the way they were. Simple, time saving, convenient, and they worked. Things came hard and a touch of "home" or a place to relax for a minute or something pretty were appreciated. Mint around the water faucet, chives to keep bugs away, lilac, rose bush. memories, of home or people meant a lot. Many reasons for the way things were done. It all became lost when "new" ways took over. You could buy something for "that". My regress is daffodils....James

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Jim Roses have been really this year. Seen so many in full bloom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts