Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Hello from France! I like old tractors but do not know a lot about them. It happens that my father owns an old John Deere that one day I would like to re-start, as he has been sitting in its barn for at least 30 years I would say. I'll post a dedicated subject in order to identify it.

Here old tractors are often of french (Renault, Société Française...) or european brands and old John Deere are not common to see. I myself have a few old cars; I'm not a mechanic but I put my hands in them to maintain them. I bet old tractors are quite simple but I will need a lot of advices and information!

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Hello Gazier, werlcome to ATF. Any advice you would like just post it, I'm sure there will be someone here able to help. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
8,130 Posts
Welcome to ATF! Hopefully someone can help you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I posted a subject in the john Deere section, it is in the moderators 'hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Gazier Ross here also in France, I'm in process of trying to fix a Massey 145, because its a workhorse and can't be without it.
might be old but really a great tractor. always good to know others dealing with sourcing parts here in France. We are north west.
A+ ross

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ross,

Well I think the first rides I had on a tractor were on a MF 145. I used to sit above the wheel during the summer mowings and was happy as a 12 years old kid can be!

Is north west Normandy? I go there from times to times. Well not at the moment of course...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts