Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the regular running for a while now, but today I worked on getting it to hand crank, before we had to pull start it. Got under the good so to speak and figured the carburetor was pouring way to much gas to the intake. I took it apart and figured out the sweet spot for the float and took three turns to get it popping, and it took a little adjusting and she was purring like a kitten. I shut the fuel off and then after it died I turned the fuel back on and did it again. Gonna be nice to get to the tractor show next weekend and hand crank it and drive it off the trailer.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Everything has to be near perfect to make hand cranking easy, and sounds like you got it!!

That reminds me, when i first got my 14, I spent most of a year trying to get it to hand crank. Finally a week before our biggest show, Igot it where I could fire it off by the 2 crank. Spent all week starting. Got to the show, wouldnt hit a lick! Got to looking, had gas pouring out the carb. Float had cracked on the way somehow!

You taking the "K" too?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course i am John the K will be going as well. I will put up pic of the show and what i see and the regular and K on the trailer ready to go. show is the 18th so be looking around then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts