Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have "mowed the lawn" twice already. Going to cut it again this afternoon. I am grateful I found the funds for a Zero turn mower 5 years ago, gots almost 3 acres to keep cut. Well, I dont have to that much each time, but its so much faster to just go ahead and do it all at one time! Wife wants to thin out the hosta lillies first, and trim up the crepe mrytles, after that, the grass is getting cut again!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Twice, but it has been hard to find a good time as it rained all of March. Might have had 4-5 days of no rain. I only have a little here and a push reel mower. At the cabin we just turn in the goats in to clip it back. Have threatened to bring the kid goats here, lol....James

·
Registered
438 Posts
Twice here too. Will be three tomorrow. Since I've had surgery, my son has been cutting it. We just bought a new zero trun mower also. He loves it.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Yard and garden (1 acre) area three times already.
Along the buildings , down the lane, around the road, and the tractor paths (about 2 acres) twice.
Ready to do it all again tomorrow. :roll:

I looked into the ztr's two years ago, but they were just too hard for me to get of and off with the prosthetic leg.
I wound up with a 54" Husqvarna. It's got a hand lever for transmission control other that a foot lever.
Most mowers with hydrostatic trannies have the foot lever on the side that my "ankle" don't pivot. ;)
Takes half the time of my old 48" Craftsman, with just 6" wider deck, but will cut good and even at a much faster pace.
What took four hours with the old Craftsman, takes just over two hours. With the hydrostatic tranny includes trimming close too everything.
I couldn't do that with the old gear tranny on the Craftsman. So cut string trimmer time in half as well. :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Yard and garden (1 acre) area three times already.
Along the buildings , down the lane, around the road, and the tractor paths (about 2 acres) twice.
Ready to do it all again tomorrow. :roll:

I looked into the ztr's two years ago, but they were just too hard for me to get of and off with the prosthetic leg.
I wound up with a 54" Husqvarna. It's got a hand lever for transmission control other that a foot lever.
Most mowers with hydrostatic trannies have the foot lever on the side that my "ankle" don't pivot. ;)
Takes half the time of my old 48" Craftsman, with just 6" wider deck, but will cut good and even at a much faster pace.
What took four hours with the old Craftsman, takes just over two hours. With the hydrostatic tranny includes trimming close too everything.
I couldn't do that with the old gear tranny on the Craftsman. So cut string trimmer time in half as well. :D
Big Dave we have a Husqvarna 54 cut also and I relly like it because of the hand level ,since I have the hip replacement on that side it made it much easier for me to use . Dose a greay job.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Twice for me so far. :roll:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mowed 3 times already and have to do it again tomorrow. Dad bought a 54" ZTR a couple of years ago because between theirs and ours it's 3.4 acres. Then we keep a section of the neighbor's land mowed because it is between our house and the main road. It just makes both our houses look better.

I usually try to take care of both yards since he did buy the mower and they are on the road driving a truck all the time. I drive a truck now but think I'll still be home a lot more than him.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cut it twice and will finish up the third time this evening, Glad i shelled out the cash for a ZT mower two years ago. One of the best investments i ever made. Now i just wish my neighbot would get a mower period. Still hasn't mowed his yard in two years and i threaten to mow it. That tall grass is home to a bunch of mice i am sure and i see that in the winter time hard to keep them at bay. Called the city a couple times and him as well to cut it but he would rather lay in the house on video games or fishing. Went from riding a 48" murray mower to a 52" graveley mower love the way the zt manuvers and cuts my weed eating down to almost none if round up is used right.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I took a disk to mine. It was mostly weeds so I plowed it up. Sowed new grass seed 3 weeks ago and haven't had a drop of rain since. At this rate, I might get to mow by the end of May.

·
Registered
42 Posts
twice , the old craftsman started acting up
it wont run properly unless its on the choke, as soon as u take it off choke it dies
new fuel punp, filter, and air cleaner
anyone got any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
My mom's had trash in the carb about 2 years ago. Repaired the fuel pump, but did not help. It is a 42" cut with a 19.5 Kohler engine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No. Our grass got covered up by snow on the weekend so I was back to pushing snow around the yard with tractor and blade yesterday. Hope the potatos I planted last week don't freeze solid in the ground. I knew it was a gamble but didn't expect quite 15 degrees.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts