Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home last nite, I had to stop for a deer standing in the middle of the road. It was a forked buck, some call it a 4 point, some a 2x2. Anyway, it's been quite a few years since I've seen one. Usualy they're smaller or larger. I did enjoy sitting there watching it until it decided to move out of my way. :D This is the nice thing about traveling small country roads, you can do this without a problem.

G

·
I get to do that on lots of mornings leaving home. Usually as soon as I turn out of the driveway there are some deer just lookin at you. I love it.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Steve ,sure glad you saw it in time to get stop.
Could of damaged your vehicle.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bettyp said:
Steve ,sure glad you saw it in time to get stop.
Could of damaged your vehicle.
Well Betty, you probably know that you got to drive carefully on those narrow country back roads. Ain't like diving on the interstate. :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Yeah Know Steve I lived on oneof those up & down hill narrow country road for a long time .
You might ran into lots ofthing if didn't watch close froma cow, horse; pigs .Once we were coming home from church and a skunck & 4 or 5 little babies were crossing the road . Cuties thing but you sure didn't want to rush them across.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bettyp said:
Yeah Know Steve I lived on oneof those up & down hill narrow country road for a long time .
You might ran into lots ofthing if didn't watch close froma cow, horse; pigs .Once we were coming home from church and a skunck & 4 or 5 little babies were crossing the road . Cuties thing but you sure didn't want to rush them across.
Yeah Betty, they would have probably a raise a stink if you did :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Steve, ifn you are missin' seein' deer, come to NC and you'll see plenty. I'll be delighted ifn you take some home with you :!: :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Plenty of deer here in Sask. too and the hunting season opened a week ago. The deer have been in my yard every day and night judging by the tracks and the pics on my trail cam. Got a good close up of this buck under a maple tree the other night.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We do have plenty of deer here. It's the forked antlers that aren't very common

1 - 9 of 9 Posts