Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just an introduction and a first question. I am in France and have a Massey Ferguson 145 AD 3-152. 1968.

I am half way through replacing the hydraulic/transmission pump.

I ran in to a problem when I bought a 10 spline hydraulic pump and when it turned up the shaft was not long enough and it didn't have 2 grooves.
I have since realised that there are several different hydraulic pumps and the 135 and 145 are not the same as the 145 was made in France. There are Mark I, II, and III pumps; I think our original pump is a Mark II but I am trying to get hold of the workshop manual to find out for sure.
My question is: can I take the old 10 spline shaft, that is longer, out of the original pump and put it in the new one that i have ordered, regardless of whether the new pump is Mark I or II (I am trying to confirm this with the supplier). It is difficult to find out, so if anyone has any experience of a similar situation with these Massey Ferguson 100s it would be good to hear from you.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
I am sorry Ross that I am unable.to help you with your Massey, but hopefully someone will see your post and offer help. Welcome to A TF!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Maybe someone will know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts