Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well here I go, Im going to attempt to chronicle my resto's of my 2 801B diesels. I have a 58 narrow front and a 59 wide front, the 58 is up and running just needs some minor tweekings and then paint, my 59 had a crack in the fuel injection pump body, I feared I was going to have to spend $1000.00 on a rebuilt pump but I just scored a complete working pump on Ebay for $125.00, thank God! Now I need to install it, time, bleed, and adjust everything and she should be up and running again too. I have already media blasted it so she will get painted first. Im posting a couple of initial pics to start off and will add more asap. Please bear with me though as Im not sure how much time I will have to work on them this winter as I have a pretty busy schedule,but I will do what I can, hope you all enjoy the "adventure".

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well wonders never cease.....the pics actually came up, Im going to add a couple more, plus Im going to add one or two of my Case/Davis 40+4 trencher thats going to get some new paint as well. Hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
CaseOmine,

What a coincidence! I also own two 801b's; a wide front '59 and a single-tire/wide-axle '58. I'm performing a mechanical restore over the next year for both tractors and a cosmetic restore in 2020 starting with the wide front.

I'm travelling now but will post a few pics/links in the coming days.

Rodd

·
Registered
3 Posts
CaseOmine,

Here's my two. I'll definitely follow your progress. It's all pretty new to me also but there's a lot of knowledgeable members on the forum to help us newbies out!

IMG_20181020_111534.jpg

Tractor on Trailer after first cleaning.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Rodd (Case801b) that really is totally off the wall bizarre!!! What are the odds!??! I look forward to tracking your resto's as well! If I can be of any assistance please let me know and I will do my best to help. I have some pretty cool original manuals on the 801b, so if you need any specs or info I will be more than happy to try and get it for you. It would be pretty cool to get all our tractors done and take them to the same event(s), I bet people would think their seeing double! lol ! Take care and stay in touch, if you want to. Just fyi Im located in northcentral Missouri.
Best regards,
Jeff (CaseOmine)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: just wanted to give you all an update on my Case 801B restorations. Unfortunately my shop was practically demolished by a severe storm that blew off half the roof and blew out 2 sides, leaving it in shambles for all intensive purposes. Therefore Im having to rebuild my shop before I can continue with my resto's, so please bear with me and I will keep you updated as things progress. I hope everyone faired this winter with better results! Best wishes to all!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hope you get your shop building repaired, so you can start back on the restorations.
Thanks for the update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts