Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am currently finishing restoration of a 1964 Ford 2000. The tractor is a gas powered 4cyl with power steering and backhoe. Looking for any info on the 1962-64 model 2000's. Hydraulics are good, engine is running well since the fuel system has been cleaned out and carb was rebuilt.

Would like to sell it soon, just have a few things I want to do with the machine while it's here. Also looking for help determining the market value of the machine.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I only have a few pictures so far but will post more soon, thanks!
Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Automotive tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
What a great looking tractor! I love those old Fords. There’s a wealth of information on the web. Great parts availability to keep them working for the next 50 years! Price will depend on your area. Here in TX this tractor is worth 5/6k on the high end, due to the market saturated with equipment that’s newer. Could be more depending on trans type. Is it shuttle? Or automatic?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Looks nice! Check Facebook marketplace and craigslist for possible pricing help. There is also a classified section where you can advertise it. .Welcome to ATF!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
That looks really nice! Welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
4,746 Posts
Hello and welcome. Nice old gravedigger.
What kind of information are you looking for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! My GF did the paintjob and I got it running. I just ran a new fuel line today and now I have a starter issue :( which I'll diagnose tomorrow, once the battery is fully charged. Is it normal for the starter to spin sort of slow compared to a 12V system? I'm thinking of replacing the starter switch and solenoid anyhow, hopefully the starter itself is strong. I also need to find seats someplace if anybody has any recommendations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I need to look at next is the brake system. If there is anyone who can tell me where to start that would be a big help. There is side by side pedals with locks under the seat. Also what additives should I be adding to the fuel and oil? I was gonna go with 15w 40 non-synthetic oil and a lead substitute for the gas. Is there anything else I should be using?

·
Administrator
4,746 Posts
The three foot leveling bucket kindda gives it away. Thay's what they are generally used for.
15w40 might be a little heavy for Massachusetts winters. I would use 10w40 (maybe10w30 with a 6v starter)
The brakes are standard automotive style drum brakes. Only difference is the actuator is a lever other than a hydraulic cylinder. Very simple to work on. If you think you need lead additive.....go for it Just snake oil in my opinion that doesn't do anything for the engine. However, I do suggest using a non-ethanol gas if you have access to it. Makes a world of difference in how my tractors run and I don't have problems I've heard others saying about modern fuel problems
One can find parts diagrams here.
Get Genuine OEM Parts and Replacement Parts | New Holland AG | MyCNHi US Store (mycnhistore.com)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts