Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Looking to do a family vacation next year and looking for places similar to go!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Yes a number of times.Williamsburg is one of our favorite getaways. If your looking for amusement parks you also have in a close proximity Kings Doninion as well as Wolf lodge and water Country. There is also Jamestown along with the Colonial district. It is not a cheap area since it is visited by people from around the world but an awful lot to do and it is very much geared for kids. There is also Yorktown and of course VA Beach area No way you run out of things to do.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephenscity said:
Yes a number of times.Williamsburg is one of our favorite getaways. If your looking for amusement parks you also have in a close proximity Kings Doninion as well as Wolf lodge and water Country. There is also Jamestown along with the Colonial district. It is not a cheap area since it is visited by people from around the world but an awful lot to do and it is very much geared for kids. There is also Yorktown and of course VA Beach area No way you run out of things to do.
If we were to request tourist information guides what cities should we do?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stephenscity said:
Try Go Williamsburg.com Search the Historic triangle.You should get for that entire area.
Thanks!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Be sure to visit Jamestown. They have a nice museum and the original settlement is recreated along with the ships, really interesting. I haven't been to Bush Gardens in years, but we had a ball when the kids were little. They keep updating and making it better there.
Come on down to Portsmouth and I'll buy you a cuppa coffee. 397-6251 (757 area code) Come on down!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bikerdave said:
Be sure to visit Jamestown. They have a nice museum and the original settlement is recreated along with the ships, really interesting. I haven't been to Bush Gardens in years, but we had a ball when the kids were little. They keep updating and making it better there.
Come on down to Portsmouth and I'll buy you a cuppa coffee. 397-6251 (757 area code) Come on down!!
Thanks for the invite Dave! I was hoping to take maybe 7 days or so toatal to see some sights and visit a few folks along the way :D What do you guys recomend as the best time of year weather wise for mild to mid range temps?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Fall and spring but sure that won't work for you. Remember you're coming to tidewater area with some real humid summer weather. Sure Dave's use to it but coming from your area you will notice it!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stephenscity said:
Fall and spring but sure that won't work for you. Remember you're coming to tidewater area with some real humid summer weather. Sure Dave's use to it but coming from your area you will notice it!!
Money will not allow the trip until maybe early spring 2013 during school break or late summer like the last week of august 2013 or I could take them out of school for a week in sept/oct

·
Registered
906 Posts
We don't really have a spring here, kinda goes from winter to supper. Oh, we don't really have a winter either, just a cold fall. I lived in Great Lakes Ill and Newport RI for several years, so I know winter. Bush Gardens and such places aren't open during the week till after Memorial Day. Summers are hot and humid. Ninety two may feel like a hundred and five!
Come on down, glad to have you.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Daves right if you do make the trip ya gotta take in Jamestown The kids would love the recreated fort and area and you wouldn't want to miss how this country got started. We went to the 400th anniversary and was in the new museum for about 6hrs and still didn't get to see it all had to go back a second time!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts