Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So my husband and I are trying to clean up my husband's mother's property. Here and there are some pretty old agricultural equipment, and I could use some help identifying them. We're also trying to sell them, so if you have any idea on how much to sell them for, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Grass Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Plant Grass Gas Automotive wheel system

Some sort of bucket?

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Automotive tire

Wood Grass Groundcover Metal Natural material

Motor vehicle Wood Font Line Red

I've tried looking this one up..no luck.

Outdoor bench Plant Wood Outdoor furniture Grass
Plant Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Grass

I probably could've cleared around it a little better, but it's dark now.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
Welcome to ATF! The first two items, a drag or scoop pan, used for moving dirt and the sub soiler might have some value to the right person. I have no idea about their worth. The last item, a grain drill, is only good for scrapping. The wheels are the most valuable part. Many folks would use them as yard art or as drveway markers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Grain drill was a horse drawn drill, had a seat on the back in the center. There are some collectors of seed box castings, especially the more ornate ones. People collect them kind of like tractor seats, if IHC collector they like anything IHC.

1st is a dirt scraper, may even be home made. Hitches to a 3pt on a tractor. The draw bar could be removed but with no hydraulics the 3pt raises and lowers to dig in and raise to allow clearance to move it. The pan will rotate by pulling the lever with a rope. Many were made without the wheels, called a tumblebug pan. This may have been converted to wheels later.

The ripper or subsoiler was used to loosen soil, probably in this case so the scraper could operate easier. Packed soil is hard to dig, takes some weight in tractor, many scrapers and pull type subsoilers were pulled by small crawler tractors. Especially in California, it seems, where this subsoiler was made. Towner made off-set heavy discs, even up to a few years ago....James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts