Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We just bought an old farmhouse and barn built in 1911. They used to be part of a 76 acre farm. I found this in the barn as we were cleaning it out. I'm sure we will run across more as we go, which makes me super excited. It's an old horse barn. I've found horseshoes, a horse whip, straps and bridles for horses. I'm loving this journey. But this has me stumped. I first thought it was part of a plow, but the top is not curved like handles, so I'm doubting myself. Can you help me identify it and possibly date it? Thanks!
Brown Wood Twig Hardwood Basket

·
Administrator
4,637 Posts
Looks like most of a push mower handle with the tops broken off and standing upside down to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! We just bought an old farmhouse and barn built in 1911. They used to be part of a 76 acre farm. I found this in the barn as we were cleaning it out. I'm sure we will run across more as we go, which makes me super excited. It's an old horse barn. I've found horseshoes, a horse whip, straps and bridles for horses. I'm loving this journey. But this has me stumped. I first thought it was part of a plow, but the top is not curved like handles, so I'm doubting myself. Can you help me identify
Looks like most of a push mower handle with the tops broken off and standing upside down to me.
It looks like a walnut picker upper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.