Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a David brown 12/10 with a front end loader it run low on fluid the other day then I couldn't get the arms to go up so I put new oil in still won't go up. i noticed the leaver on the left-hand side when your sitting in the seat that changes from front end loader to rear 3 point linkage arms when i undo the pipe nothing comes out should i have changed the hydraulic filter as i have never changed it since i owned tractor also how many hydraulic filters does the David brown 12/10 have.
Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
d tractor also how many hydraulic filters does the David brown 12/10 have.
Thank you
Hi i have a David brown 12/10 with a front end loader it run low on fluid the other day then I couldn't get the arms to go up so I put new oil in still won't go up. i noticed the leaver on the left-hand side when your sitting in the seat that changes from front end loader to rear 3 point linkage arms when i undo the pipe nothing comes out should i have changed the hydraulic filter as i have never changed it since i owned tractor also how many hydraulic filters does the David brown 12/10 have.
Thank you
Found the problem the filter had collapsed and it was so blocked I have never seen a filter like it.

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
Glad you found your problem. Sorry I couldn't help point you in any direction to start.
Just not familiar with your tractor. Mine are old enough they don't have filters for the hydraulic system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you found your problem. Sorry I couldn't help point you in any direction to start.
Just not familiar with your tractor. Mine are old enough they don't have filters for the hydraulic system.
Thank you i looked at filters for the David brown 12/10 on ebay but they come with a round gasket my housing isn't round

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
I did some investigating. There was some changes made mid production.
For those made from '71 thru '75
For those made from '76 thru '80.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did some investigating. There was some changes made mid production.
For those made from '71 thru '75
For those made from '76 thru '80.
Thank you very much for your help much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts