Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife got me a 102 GRC senior the other day and for some reason we cant find the serial number thats spose to be stamped into the top of the trans case. i know massey put these numbers in all different places so i was wondering if anyone had any idea where they hid the numbers on the 102's. theres an R stamped on the top of the trans case and nothing else. mabe that R means something i dont know

G

·
0 Posts
Re: help with a 102

I have found them on occasion actually partly hidden under the shifter cover. Why that is I have no idea. The casting date can be found on the bottom side of the engine tub near the back.It can help narrow down the year at least.

G

·
0 Posts

wizzard said:
my wife got me a 102 GRC senior the other day and for some reason we cant find the serial number thats spose to be stamped into the top of the trans case. i know massey put these numbers in all different places so i was wondering if anyone had any idea where they hid the numbers on the 102's. theres an R stamped on the top of the trans case and nothing else. mabe that R means something i dont know
The 102 and the 101 are exactly the same tractor.One was for export and the other was not.Can't remember off the top of my head which was which though. The serial number tag was located on the left side of the engine tub in front of the clutch pedal and also stamped in the transmission housing on top by the clutch pedal.
G-gas
RC-row crop

G

·
0 Posts

masseymechanic said:
wizzard said:
The 102 and the 101 are exactly the same tractor.One was for export and the other was not.Can't remember off the top of my head which was which though. The serial number tag was located on the left side of the engine tub in front of the clutch pedal and also stamped in the transmission housing on top by the clutch pedal.
G-gas
RC-row crop
The serial number should start 265###
They were built for three years,starting with 265001 in 1942

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

got an update, no numbers where found anywhere(even removed the top plates off the trans to look!). theres not tag on the side where one should be. just has an R stamped on top to the rite of the pto shift leaver. after talking to several colectors, the only thing that anyone can come up with is that the "R" could stand for reaserch. so mabe it was one of there test tractors. i realy dont know how that could be cause its a 45 model

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

wizzard said:
got an update, no numbers where found anywhere(even removed the top plates off the trans to look!). the "R" could stand for reaserch. so mabe it was one of there test tractors. i realy dont know how that could be cause its a 45 model
Without a #, how'd you get it narrowed down to a 1945 ?...the casting number on the underbelly like massey machanic said ??

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

missouri massey man said:
wizzard said:
got an update, no numbers where found anywhere(even removed the top plates off the trans to look!). the "R" could stand for reaserch. so mabe it was one of there test tractors. i realy dont know how that could be cause its a 45 model
Without a #, how'd you get it narrowed down to a 1945 ?...the casting number on the underbelly like massey machanic said ??

yes that and theres a date in the trans case. i know the tub infront of the trans some time broke and where changed but the dates are close between the 2 castings

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

wizzard said:
missouri massey man said:
wizzard said:

yes that and theres a date in the trans case. i know the tub infront of the trans some time broke and where changed but the dates are close between the 2 castings
Yep, that's what I thought. The "R" poses a very good question, indeed.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: help with a 102 pic's added

ok here some pics of the 102

just sitin in the shop out of the rain. im thinkin she likes it here.

this is where the numbers are spose to be

here ya can see there not anywhere to be found

heres the R stamped to the rite of the pto leaver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts