Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
All I have to offer is that it is an offset disc. I have no clue as to its manufacturer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here they are called a one way, one way plow or disk tiller. Unlike a disc plow that have each blade mounted separately, one ways have the disks mounted on a shared axle like a disk harrow. The disks are closer together and a lighter machine than a disc plow. Your model is semi mounted meaning the front is mounted to the tractor, not towed behind with a tongue and front depth wheel. I have seen IHC models like yours, made for a Farmall C or H. Many disk tillers had mounted seed boxes to plant small grains like wheat or oats. Many pieces can be identified by symbols or part #'s. Here are some pictures, some are disc plows mixed in....James

·
Administrator
4,414 Posts
Thanks James, I've never seen one of those on the middle of KY, though heavier disc plows are fairly common.
I'm guessing that they worked well in lighter sandy soil like the video, but not so much in the red clay and sandstone that covers most of KY.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here they are called a one way, one way plow or disk tiller. Unlike a disc plow that have each blade mounted separately, one ways have the disks mounted on a shared axle like a disk harrow. The disks are closer together and a lighter machine than a disc plow. Your model is semi mounted meaning the front is mounted to the tractor, not towed behind with a tongue and front depth wheel. I have seen IHC models like yours, made for a Farmall C or H. Many disk tillers had mounted seed boxes to plant small grains like wheat or oats. Many pieces can be identified by symbols or part #'s. Here are some pictures, some are disc plows mixed in....James
Thanks you so much, This was on a sugar cane farm in Louisiana. They harvested the entire plant even the Stalks were used in making Blackboard for Home construction. So the stalks didn't have to be turned under. This is the best info so far! Ron

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
Thanks James! I've never seen one of these in my world. I believe one would have soft ground for the disc to work as it should. Our red clay would not cooperate with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts