Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week's BIG WIND put about half of my cousin's Bradford pear tree on his car. His home is just up the driveway from where we live. After talking with his insurance company, I lifted the downed tree section and he drove his car out. It is at the body shop now.
Mrs. Jim was the official picture taker :!:

·
Administrator
4,312 Posts
Reminds me of a buddy's car when a little F1 twister came through a few years ago. His house was
right in the center of the path and lost it's tin roof, and knocked a few big limbs out of his maple trees.
His neighbor's houses, 50' to one side and 75' to the other, had no damage at all. :?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Paul Harvey's speech comes to mind as I look at the second picture. Very good of you to help out, and wise in consulting with the insurance company first. Did it bang up the car too badly as far as glass or structural damage? It's hard to tell through the tree limb. Though this was probably the farthest thing from anybody's mind during the ordeal - I have to say I love that Kioti. I have seen them advertised for years in some ag magazines I'm subscribed to, and had the opportunity to climb all over some at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville and have loved them ever since. The ones that I sat on were very comfortable and user - friendly, especially compared to many on the market. That color kind of takes me back to the Flambeau Red as well, so of course I have to like that part too :D

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was not damaged too badly. It was mainly scratches and some small dents, but it has been at the body shop for a week.

Brandon, the Kioti is very "operator friendly". It is comfortable, and the controls are easy to use. The flat-top or platform style tractor takes a bit of "getting used to". The ride, the way bumps or uneven ground feels, is completely different. The loader often changes much of that and requires many considerations depending upon what one wants to do and upon what kind of ground the tractor is located.

Steep slopes and hills are challenging if lifting and moving something heavy. It would be really easy to tip a loader tractor over. I've been on 3 wheels more times than I would prefer.

I have used a two wheel drive tractor with a loader before, but I would advise anyone that considers that to have a lot of counter weight on the rear of the tractor. Personally, 4wd is the only way to go if one has a loader.

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be covered by insurance, and there's a lien on the car, so it must be fixed. My cousin told me that a couple of years ago, it was in a hailstorm and $8000 damage was done. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts