Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok, we know the top one is a wall paper cutter, and the bottom one goes into a brace and bit and must be a reamer.....but what does it ream ???!!!! The tool in the middle is a mystery, and we are hoping someone out there in tractor land can shed some light on the subject.

Now, I'm always bragging on my much older brothers eclectic collection of various items for work and play, but come on now, this one takes the cake !!! What in the devil is this thing. It has a geared plunger down the center and get this: The super deluxe tag on front is in FRENCH !!!! I mean I do have some junk at my house, but I sure don't have anything written in French. Maybe Jean-Francois will find this next picture and translate:

I think Sugarmaker wrote a note to him in French when Jean-Francois joined the forum....maybe he too could give some insight. Of course, it may NOT be FRENCH at all. :oops: :oops: So guys, do you want me to continue with some more strange items my brother has managed to drag home over the years ??? Awwww, what the heck I'll dig out a few more...... ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Gosh Wendell none of those look like anything I could use
Or every seen before ,but enjoy seeing them now .

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't know what they are, but enjoy seeing old items. Most times when I do find out what something was used for, I can't believe I couldn't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
8,549 Posts
The French thingy is the second one made. It plainly sez "No.2" in English :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Sure would have never guessed that one :eek: :eek: OK Wendell now ya got to explain how ya came by that one :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
soundguy said:
quite interesting.... here's a couple links that will clear things up about the origin of the tall device.. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3727181434/

http://en.muvs.org/topic/irrigator-for- ... -en/print/
OH DEAR LORD !!!!!! I had no clue and am glad this particular item belongs to my much older brother now !!!! Hopefully he will chime in here and tell just how he came to own it !!!!

How in the world did you FIND this so quick soundguy ???!!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I AM STILL LAUGHING ....and blushing a bit at the same time.....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i speak a bit of spanish... and well.. spanish, and french and to some extent, italian, all share a common root.. thus many who speak one of those languages often has a lil better chance at deciphering one of the other languages.

that tag on that 'irigating device' was fairly legible to me :)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Those 3 tools in the top photo maybe harness making related.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peacher79 said:
I don't know what they are, but enjoy seeing old items. Most times when I do find out what something was used for, I can't believe I couldn't figure it out.
Peacher, how far away from guessing correctly on this one ?? Personally I'd thought it was some kind of carbide lamp....MrsMassey is still howling in the background and she said it reminded her of the story of this lady serving house guests an evening meal consisting of stew from her newly acquired soup tureen. (Fancy word for a soup casserole dish). One of her guests quietly took her to the side and said: "Honey you DO know that's not a soup tureen...its a chamber pot".

Yep, she's still howling in the background.....and we are having hamburgers for supper, not soup..... :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell Mrs massey should have you howling with a pan
over your head . Mary wouldn'ttreat you like that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
There's so many things I'd like to say right now but won't but if I am ever in your presence again look out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Should have been under the truth funnier than fiction post.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
gordon1121 said:
There's so many things I'd like to say right now but won't but if I am ever in your presence again look out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Should have been under the truth funnier than fiction post.
I know my tounge has been bleeding all day!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gordon1121 said:
Stephenscity said:
gordon1121 said:
I know my tounge has been bleeding all day!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know, I have been laughing literally all day since soundguy "enlightened" the un-enlightened....I'm just waiting to see what 400propane will have to say. What you guys DON'T know is there is literally more than a DOZEN of our family members that keep up with the forum reading in secret almost daily !!!!!! You guys can't possibly ride either myself or him WORSE than we're gonna hear about this one... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hey Wendell let me bail ya out here I think it is an antique bug sprayer!!!! developed by the french to stop the fruit fly infestation!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Leave it up to Mike to smooth things over.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
missouri massey man said:
! The tool in the middle is a mystery, and we are hoping someone out there in tractor land can shed some light on the subject.
Maybe used by a cobbler for shoemaking? If I remember I'll get my tool collector father to look at it Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Hey Wendell let me bail ya out here I think it is an antique bug sprayer!!!! developed by the french to stop the fruit fly infestation!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That one was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: (with a rollin on the floor added)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts