Administrator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone rear ends your Taurus. :D

Pardon the quality of the cell phone photos. :oops:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Oh that something to post Big Dave ,haven't got it all figured out yet . maybe wasn't suppose to . :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock:

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the best engineered build Miss Betty, but what they did was cut the car in two just at the dashboard.
Used the front wheel drive engine and transmission and fitted a motorcycle frame to the front.
If you look hard at the second photo down on the left, you can see some cables going through the grill.
Looks like that's what they used for the accelerator, brakes, and to shift the transmission. Along with the electric wires needed.
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for a tricycle, but could have been done up a bit better. Of course sometimes you just have to use what's on hand. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
It's not the best engineered build Miss Betty, but what they did was cut the car in two just at the dashboard.
Used the front wheel drive engine and transmission and fitted a motorcycle frame to the front.
If you look hard at the second photo down on the left, you can see some cables going through the grill.
Looks like that's what they used for the accelerator, brakes, and to shift the transmission. Along with the electric wires needed.
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for a tricycle, but could have been done up a bit better. Of course sometimes you just have to use what's on hand. ;)
Ok Big Dave ,I'm a slow learner. Make better sense now .

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Wow, I'm a little late to the party. I just saw this for the first time. What a cool idea, but most of the time they use the engine/transaxle and cover it up just a little differently. BikerDave is right, the ol' boy used what he had and it certainly is a bit off the norm. Verrrrrrrrrry unique, now if he'd just left the steering wheel poke out the back..... :shock: :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts