Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an old tractor that belonged to my father. I think it is from the 50's or 60's but im having trouble nailing it down. It looks like a farmall type tractor or international to me. Here are a few pics if anyone could help that would be great. I looked over the tractor and couldn't find a model number anywhere. Thank you all!

IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1407.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,703 Posts
Welcome Ray. Glad to have you with us. As far as your tractor goes, the radiator cap, the temp gauge in the upper thermostat housing, the shape of the gas tank, general shape of the fenders, and the breather cap reminds me of an Allis Chalmers.

Maybe a WF?

·
Administrator
4,127 Posts
It's an Allis Chalmers. Look on the back of the rear axle, you will find a flat spot with the model serial number stamped there.

·
Super Moderator
8,133 Posts
Definitely an Allis. Looks similar to an industrial B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much for the welcome and the information, I will check on that serial and report back to you all after i do some digging. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will check it out when I go to look at the serial number and get some better pictures

·
Administrator
4,127 Posts
Sorry I didn't look closely at your photos. When Bruce Said WF I gave you the serial number location for that series.
After taking a look at the full sized photos, your tractor is indeed a model IB.
You will find the serial number on a flat spot on top of the transmission case, just by the shift lever.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts