Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to tell you Big Dave we just got an inch of rain . Tried to save some for you and hope you got some . We need another inch or two but was so blessed to get that much . Since way back we ony had 3 /10 once and 5/10 . We have watered & watered the garden but it just not like the rain that fall out of the sky. How about it did all of you get it ??????

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Glad yall got a good shower Betty. Hopefully the weather is beginning to change for the better. We had a shower last evening and a couple this afternoon.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Betty, I'm glad you all got some much needed rain. :D At least give you a few days without having to water the garden.
Not much more than a tenth of an inch has made it's way into my rain gauge over the past three days.
Well short of the 2"+ drought buster that several of the t.v. weatherguessers predicted for my area, on Thursday morning as the system was moving in.
You all got a good rain Friday when Lexington did didn't you? That one went just east of us enough, to give us an hour of misty drizzle in the morning, and again about noon.
It rained here Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon for about an hour each time and didn't wet the blacktop under the trees either time.
Not like drizzle. Just lightly scattered raindrops. I hope that makes sense. :? As I look out the window I still see dry ground.
Just a few more green clover leaves in the mostly brown front yard. The overcast skies have been a blessing though, after so many hot sunny days.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
we been getting rain here off and on now for 3 days grass is green and growing again also ..I moved last week and its ready again in the back ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave we never got what Lexington got . We only got 1 inch on Friday. Haven't nmowed here for a month oor more . It has rain hard in down town Cynthiana and us in sight watching it and getting nothing.. WE were glad to get that inch. Hope you soon get some, and we need more.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Dave we got some wind first some thundering and lightning stricks that made me quiver.We only got 6/ 10 so far but still raining some. not complaining a bit. looks like we could get more .How about you Dave ,you got any ??????

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Watching it all around us on radar, Closest about 10 miles to the west, We can hear the thunder, and it's overcast, but mo rain.
Forecast is for 60% chance tomorrow. They got it right today, said scattered showers in my area about 6:p.m. and that's when they hit. Just not here. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Dave Jr is getting it all in Lexington. Rain so hard no where for it to go.
Jr needs to share with you Dave. You just seem to not get it. Hope you do get some before this is over. Dave we had 96 degrees here and when the rain started in less than an hour we droped down to 77 degrees.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Glad to hear that some one is getting rain.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Only in the weatherguessers dreams. We have recieve about a inch total since July 7th and as dry as it is, it's gone in 60 seconds

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
4imnotright said:
Only in the weatherguessers dreams. We have recieve about a inch total since July 7th and as dry as it is, it's gone in 60 seconds
You're doing better than us Steve. We've had 1/10" since June 9th.
That came in a half hour long shower last Thursday, and Saturday each, that didn't wet the pavement under the trees, either time.
Ten minutes after it quit the sun popped out and there was no sign any rain had fell. :(
I'd like to get some rain for a fall hay harvest, so far it's just barely paid for my fertilizer. :roll:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big Dave we just got a short pourdown. Any chance you got any today . sounding like we will get more on the way. We may have gotten a tenth out of that.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
No Miss Betty not a sign of any rain around here, Sunny, Humid, Hot 100 degrees on the thermometer.
I'll be burning some electric again this evening when the shade hits, pumping water from the creek, keeping what's left of the garden growing. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave maybe we could get Ron to dig you a well. He knows how it is done now. :lol: You wouldn't have to keep pumping the creek water out.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Hey Miss Betty, ........and on the 41st evening, it rained !! :D Thank you, Lord !!!! :D
Started out the same scenario. Overcast skies, thunder rumbling in the distance, checked the radar to see storms east and west around us, moving south.
So I went out and started watering the flowers around the house, then my garden. Surrounded by woods limits how far I see weather moving in.
Basically right on top of us when it comes in view. About 9:00 I notice the lightning close and ominous clouds crisscrossing the sky and swirling around the bottoms.
A bolt of lightning came out of one of the swirls, not far off, and I figured it was time to pick up, cover things up, and go in. As we might be in the path of at least a shower.
By the time I got to the other end of the house in the living room, rain started pelting the front windows, and was coming down so hard I couldn't see the woods 150 yards in front of the house.
Settled into a nice even, heavy soaking, rain for a little more than an hour, and left behind an inch and a tenth of rain in my gauge. :cool:
Been overcast all morning so it's getting a good chance for the roots to soak before the sun dries it. Might even have to get the mower out and dust it off in a day or two. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well PTL Big Dave that you got rain ,so now maybe it will come more often.. yes we are going to have to get our mower & weed eater out of the dust also . It has been so long since Henry mowed the yard ,hope him & mower haven't forgotten how to do it . :lol: :lol: Now your garden will grow more ,nothing like that water that falls from the sky.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts