Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My oldest daughter, a business/computer teacher and the IT person at our local Catholic high school is married to an Industrial Arts (Shop) teacher. She grew up using a scroll saw, jig saw and occasionally an old wood lathe, but she has now shown intense interest in wood turning as does her husband. Both belong to a wood turners club and now her specialty has become ball point pens.
From the left: walnut, mahogany, tulip wood, elm, maple, acrylic, cherry and maple.

I forgot to ask what kind of wood these three are, and I don't want to guess because of the glare. My biased opinion thinks they are outstanding !!!! :D :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Had a guy at one of our Heritage Festivals who made and sold these. Were real popular. His weren't that nice though!!!!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell, thanks they are great ,never had saw any and just couldn't believe how pretty they could be .
Cassie has done awondeful job . Maybe Mike taught her well. Thanks Wendell for sharing those.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Very nice. Somewhere I have a pen turned from a tree in front of my house. The previous owner gave it to me when we bought the house.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Wendell wrote; My biased opinion thinks they are outstanding !!!!

I think your opinion pretty much hit the nail on the head. Those are some amazing pieces. :) :) Looks like she deserves her own wing built on to your sil's shop. :D

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Wendell, the Pens that your Daughter turned are out of this wourld. She has so much natural abality I love the different wood and the composite material she used and the way she mixed them up. I have women that can turn bowls bed legs and different things and it has been obevious that they have much more abality than a man well mabye it's more patience. I am like gordon mabye you should build her a whole new building so she can expand her work with the quality of work she does she could make some big bucks. Tell her to keep up the good work and hope you have a great weekend.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
great pens! the detail is amazing! Thanks for posting, you and your daughter can be proud.
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I have been so busy to get back to this post, but I thank all of you for your comments. Gordon, I'm sure she would love to have more space than just a corner in Mike's shop and there are plans for future expansion. Yep, I am sure proud of her and her pens Chris. I even got my own for father's day !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts