Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have gotta get the June issue of Hot Rod Magazine and look on page 44. It's the wildest 2N Ford I have ever seen!!!

G

·
0 Posts
bikerdave said:
You guys have gotta get the June issue of Hot Rod Magazine and look on page 44. It's the wildest 2N Ford I have ever seen!!!
Save us a buck, scan it and post it :shock: :shock: Hows about a description????

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a scanner, sorry.
Fellow took a 47, 2-N Ford, installed the flathead V8 from an old dragster, wheely bars, and a sprung straight axle with Halibrand mag wheels. This thing must be seen to be believed. Oh, I forgot to mention the Sherman overdrive tranny.

G

·
0 Posts
bikerdave said:
I don't have a scanner, sorry.
Fellow took a 47, 2-N Ford, installed the flathead V8 from an old dragster, wheely bars, and a sprung straight axle with Halibrand mag wheels. This thing must be seen to be believed. Oh, I forgot to mention the Sherman overdrive tranny.
Just kidding about the scanner Dave. Do appreciate the description though. Seen alot of v-8 conversions but none with wheelie bars :shock: Definately is a must see.. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
petra79 said:
bikerdave said:
Save us a buck, scan it and post it :shock: :shock: Hows about a description????
A BUCK!!!! its been a long time since you bought a HOT ROD magazine

G

·
0 Posts
AG135 said:
petra79 said:
bikerdave said:
A BUCK!!!! its been a long time since you bought a HOT ROD magazine
Been a long time since I bought ANY magazine. Don't have time to sit n read :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you imagine driving a 2-N Ford at forty-four MPH? That's top speed at five thousand RPM. That's about three thousand more than I'm willing to drive it! :lol:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
bikerdave said:
Can you imagine driving a 2-N Ford at forty-four MPH? That's top speed at five thousand RPM. That's about three thousand more than I'm willing to drive it! :lol:
I'm stopping by the gas station tomorrow for some fuel...I'll make sure to pick up a HotRod. What I can't believe is last summer I watched a pretty fresh, totally complete flathead ford engine sell for 40 bucks, complete as in top mounted generator, fan blade and belt, carb, all electrics. A young man, early 20's bought it and after the auction was over, he was just staring at it on the stand. I asked him what he was gonna do with it and he said, and I quote: "I don't even know why I bought it". It never even occurred to me to buy it myself or even to offer him his money back !!!! What a dummy I was. :cry: :cry: Wasn't until a couple months later until I did a Bart Simpson.....DUH !! I'm STILL kicking myself...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This thing is a late, 49 or so, bored 0.125 with a 4in Merc crank. If I remember that's 277CID. Needs wheeley bars!
Make sure it's the June issue.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
bertman said:
Need to move the pie weights up front :eek:
Thats gotta be out of a lincoln zepher? Didnt they have the 12 in them :?:
Sure did that has always been a car my dad talked about a 39 zepher. I've only saw one and it was sharp.

I would like to drive that tractor one time to looks like whoever did it did a good job.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kirk-NJ said:
Why go with an 8 when you can go with a 12?
Where was this v12 at? i remeber seeing one on in Ashtabula Ohio several years back,but this one doesn't look like it a whole lot unless some things were changed threw the years

1 - 20 of 23 Posts