Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
WOW! Those are wild! what kind of crops did they need to get over?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I see a starter on the top one, but what do you stand on to turn the flywheel for the second one ?? ...or is there another style starter not normally seen?? Both are incredible machines. Getting a nosebleed now....

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Cranberry Bogs is my guess. Or some kind of field that is flooded to harvest. You want to be out of the water to harvest.

The second tractor looks like the booms swing out for harvesting. Yet normally a bog is only at most 4 feet deep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I been wanting one like that top one ever since I saw the first pic of one years ago, talk about a show stealer!
Best I can tell this was some sort of aftermarket kit you could by and install on a regualr tractor but I have not found any real info on it or where to get one.

·
Registered
438 Posts
WoW, I'd love to show it to my dad's best friend. He used to brag that anything his tractor would run over his bush hog would handle. LOL.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read somewhere they was used for spraying corn after tassel? However I'm not fully sure. I saw a pic of one in a book and told what it was for. I need to try to find that book again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think I read one time they could be used for sugar cane as well... I'be seen two in person so far and I always wonder how they haul them to shows without smacking tree branches, power lines, and worse BRIDGES!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts